Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Up with the Roof



The last two days I have been gone and Dennis with the Help of Eldon and his son, Adam, put up the trusses. Today the four of us got quite a bit of the sheeting up after setting the last two trusses and a little other prep work. Things seem to be taking shape. I hired a company from lake Park to put the put the shingles on when we get the sheeting on the house, build the garage and get the sheeting on it also. The garage is only a 6/12 pitch so it will be easier.

You may be able to see from the pictures that we are working in a sea of mud. I called the county engineer this am to see if they could put a little gravel on the road as it is only passable with a four wheel drive.

Tomorrow I have to go to Gayle's to finish up a few things and then will be able to devote most of my time on the house.

The upstairs room really looks huge and I've decided to put on a dormer facing south. I hope it doesn't bankrupt this project. Of course it will have a bathroom too.

1 comment:

mm said...

I think you should add one more story, so I can get a clear view of the lake when I sleep upstairs! If you're going to go bankrupt, you just as well.