When I woke this morning the radio was talking about late starts for schools. I looked out and couldn't see any snow but the wind was blowing nicely. The wind had packed the snow in such hard drifts that you could walk on them and not leave a footprint. I walked out to the mail box to get the paper and that was as far as I thought was even safe to walk. A good part of the rest of the day was spent taking a spade and breaking off the snow drift and pushing it out with the ATV. The blade broke on the ATV but had enough moved to get the truck out and take it to town for Bob Yeske to fix. Now I just got done putting away the ATV and the drive looks pretty good. Did take time to put some corn out for the pheasants and two hens came through the yard for the pictures you see after having their fill. I don't get tired of taking pictures of them.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Plain Cold
When I woke this morning the radio was talking about late starts for schools. I looked out and couldn't see any snow but the wind was blowing nicely. The wind had packed the snow in such hard drifts that you could walk on them and not leave a footprint. I walked out to the mail box to get the paper and that was as far as I thought was even safe to walk. A good part of the rest of the day was spent taking a spade and breaking off the snow drift and pushing it out with the ATV. The blade broke on the ATV but had enough moved to get the truck out and take it to town for Bob Yeske to fix. Now I just got done putting away the ATV and the drive looks pretty good. Did take time to put some corn out for the pheasants and two hens came through the yard for the pictures you see after having their fill. I don't get tired of taking pictures of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment